Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How can I check if the ActiveSheet has keyboard focus?

hi
i think you are trying to make this WAY more complicated that it is.
active = focus.
i can't understand what would be gained by looping through the sheets to see
which one is active. if i need to do something on a certain sheet then...
sheets("sheet1").activate
now sheet 1 has focus. run code.
back to my question. what are you trying to achieve? why are we trying to
find the active sheet? technically the sheet your are looking at on the
screen is the active sheet.
confused here. please help.

regards
FSt1

regards
FSt1

"Matt" wrote:

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm less concerned about the keyboard
specifically, and more interested to see if there is a way to check if a
sheet (any sheet) has focus. One thing I thought of is to check the value of
ActiveSheet, however this doesn't always work because ActiveSheet has a value
even when the Options Dialog is open (or any other dialog for that matter).
It also has a value while editing within a cell. Do you know if there is a
way to accomplish the following:

If ActiveSheet.HasFocus = True Then
[Do Something]
End If

Thanks for the help!

Matt

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
the keyboard is just another input device like the mouse. or the bar coded
reader.
how do you determine if the mouse has "focus"?? well...you don't know unitl
a button(key) is pressed then the input device has "focus". if the keyboard
has "focuss" then we may be talking about "keyboard shortcuts" which does
cause code to run i.e. do something. I think that is why we don't seem to
have "isKeyboardFocused" property or a "ismousefocused" property.
having been confused by your post, could you explain further just what your
are trying to accomplish?

regards
FSt1

"Matt" wrote:

What I'm trying to accomplish is essentially the following:

If ActiveSheet.IsKeyboardFocused = True Then
[Do Something]
End If

Unfortunately, ActiveSheet/Worksheet does not have the IsKeyboardFocused
property (I pulled this property from a Button control as a functional
example).

Is there a way to accomplish this If statement?

Thanks,
Matt