Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.[_2_] Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.[_2_] is offline

Default activate code on single click

The Target object is the Hyperlink object that was clicked on, so this can
be further simplified by using the code shown below.

Also, if you plan on using this with multiple links, then use Select Case
statements in place of the If, Then, Else statements.

Example:

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
Dim l_strSheetName As String
l_strSheetName = Target.Parent.Name
Select Case Target.SubAddress
Case "A1"
Target.TextToDisplay = "yes"
End Select

Thanks,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
Master MOUS 2000
"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Yes. By using a hyperlink and a hyperlink event macro.

First select A1 and:
Insert Hyperlink... to a place in this document
then pick cell A1 and give it the name "no"

This looks pretty useless. We have created a hyperlink that goes nowhere!

However, then insert the following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
For Each h In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
If h.SubAddress = "Sheet1!A1" Then
h.TextToDisplay = "yes"
End If
Next
End Sub

Now if we click on A1, the macro fires and changes the visible text to
"yes"

Without the hyperlink, we would have to rely on a double-click event.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200852

"sunilpatel" wrote:

Is there a way to activate code on a "Single" click in the activecell /
selected cell on sheet.

i have "no" in cell "a1" and it is selected. i want it to change to "yes"
if
i single clik on "a1"

Probably not possible hey?

Sunil