Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harold Good Harold Good is offline

Default why does the execution jump to another procedure?

Thank you very much, I had no idea why this was happening on some of my
spreadsheets!
Harold

"slarbie" wrote in message

In the VBA project window, double click on the worksheet object to see if
there is a "worksheet_change" sub. Every time you make a change to the
worksheet this will execute. In the code below, the insert action
qualifies
as a worksheet change event.

If you can determine that the change event code is not necessary to
current
intended functioning of the file, then you can just delete it. Otherwise,
you'll want to be sure that any new routines you add will work with it in
predictable way.

"Harold Good" wrote:

Hi, I have the following code. As I push F8 to execute manually, after
the Insert row, it jumps to another procedure, skips around some of those
lines of code, then comes back to execute the last line?

I have noticed this pattern in some other spreadsheet VBA as well.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Harold

Private Sub InsertRow()
Dim myRow As Long

myRow = ActiveCell.Row
Do Until Cells(myRow, 2) < Cells(myRow + 1, 2)
myRow = myRow + 1
Loop
Rows(myRow).Insert
Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Select