Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Varne Varne is offline

Default File Listing in a Directory

Dear Rick

I am sorry. When replying it did not occur I was going to annoy senior
Programmers. I am very sorry. For future questions I will clearly state the
Excel version.

Yours Sincerely
M Varnendra

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

For future questions you might ask... it is always a good idea to mention
the version of Excel you are using.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Varne" wrote in message
Thanks everyone. I used a 2007 Excel application.

Jacob. Special thanks to you. Your codes do the list.

M Varnendra

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Works find in 2003..You must be using 2007. Try the below

Sub FileList()
Dim strFile As string
Dim strFolder As string
strFolder = "c:\"

strFile = Dir("c:\*.*", vbNormal)
Do While strFile < ""
MsgBox strFolder & strFile
strFile = Dir
Loop
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Varne" wrote:

Hi!

Could someone tell me whats wrong with these codes?

Sub FileList()
Dim File As Variant
With Application.FileSearch
.LookIn = "C:\"
.FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles
.Execute
For Each File In .FoundFiles
MsgBox File
Next File
End With
End Sub

Run Time Error 445 - Object does not support this action!

Thanks