Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default How to unhide hidden Excel Instance

The simple way is to go to task manager and get the process Id by look for
the process excel.exe. then use AppActivate.

Look at VBA help for the following:

AppActivate Statement

If you need it automated there is a method to get the process ID by look for
the process excel.exe. I don't heve that method handy at the moment.

"Missing Excel Debug" wrote:

Our main application uses Excel via automation to produce financial reports.
Up until recently we could always debug this process by dropping a STOP
command within the code module for the Excel Addin. Somehow with a recent
update the vendor has changed the way their product calls Excel via
automation so that even a STOP command followed by by a line setting the
Visible property to TRUE will not stop Excel.

Any way to grab a hold of or hook into Excel when this happens? We've had
some dooseys (problems) before that in the past we've found it much easier
and faster to fix ourselves but we have to be able to see what line of code
in the add-in that Excel is hanging up on as well as various varable values
and we can't now.

Thanks