Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup

Investgate using symbols or characters in place of pictures. Begin
investgating by downloading and installing a font:

http://www.fontspace.com/category/sign-language

Then characters will represent signs and can be used in lookups, etc.

You can even make a two-way lookup table of sign vs word,
You need to resolve if the character set is robust enough for your purposes.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200852

"david kent" wrote:

I want to use sign language symbols in a worksheet.
The table/array "data" which Vlookup uses and works well. It seems that
because the symbols are pictures thay are not placed into a cell per se and
so a cell cant be referened and a symbol pulled in to th erelevant are of the
spreadsheet.

So my question is...Is there a way to use Vlookup ( or indeed another
function) to pull in sign language symbols into a spreadsheet?