Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bigfoot17 Bigfoot17 is offline

Default Initial Value=""

Two great assists. Thank you. Certainly the better way is to use the status
bar, which is what I will do, but know I also can explore Workbook_Open as
well for other programs.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Use the Workbook Open event

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Shee1").Range("A1") = ""
End Sub

Isnt it a better way to display the status in the status bar itself

Application.StatusBar ="<Status"

--
If this post helps click Yes

"Bigfoot17" wrote:

I think that what I want is advice on how to set the value of a certain cell
to "" when a file is opened. Here is what I am trying to do ...'

I have a complicated sub running from a command button. As it is processing
I display a message "Processing 1", "Processing 2", "Processing 3" etc until
finally "Processing Complete". But when the file is saved and reopened the
"Processing Complete" message is still displayed. My thought is to blank the
cell upon opening of the file. Your thoughts?