Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bhupinder Singh Bhupinder Singh is offline

Default Launch Macro By Double Clicking

On May 11, 2:52*pm, jswalsh33
wrote:
On May 5th I wrote a question about how to launch an Excel Macro by double
clicking on a cell. I have tried what was suggested, but I still cannot make
it work. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the following code in the "View Code" area of the worksheet.

Sub aaa()
Application.Events = True
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick_(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If Target.Address = $E$5 Then
Cancel=True
Call Find2
End IF
End Sub

Macros are enabled.

When I double click on E5 in the worksheet that I put the code into, nothing
happens, except the cell E5 is selected.

I have a button on the same sheet that runs Macro Find2 when clicked.

I am running Windows XP, Excel OFFXL7

Thank-you

Jim Walsh

Jim,
Put your if condition in quotes. instead of $E$5 just write "$E$5"

It worked on my machine