Michael

Hi Todd
Tools/Options/Edit
and check the Enable the Auto complete for cell values check box.

HTH
Michael

"todd" wrote:

I use Excel to create quotes for my customers daily, it seems that I spend
more time typing than I should...It would be nice to know how to enter a list
into excel so that when I begin typing a product name that it would reconize
the first few letters and auto fill for me so I could tab to the next column.
I've know about using the fill handle and setting up repeating lists there,
but haven't had any luck with generating "memory" or a history of used terms
for excel to key off of other than keeping all quotes on the same worksheet.

would really appreciate some input if anyone has ideas
thank you todd