Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default [Excel2007] How to obtain provider name for ADODB.Connection

Please note that when you work with .dbf files the source DB will the folder
and not the database file.. Try and feedback

Dim con As New ADODB.Connection

con.Open "Driver={Microsoft FoxPro VFP Driver (*.dbf)};
SourceType=DBF;SourceDB=c:\;NULL=No;Exclusive=No"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Przemek" wrote:

Hi!.

I'm trying to connect to .dbf files via adodb service.
The problem is that i dont know how to obtain correct provider name for the
chosen ODBC driver.

On msdn website i've found that its enough to choose standard
Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0,
but it doesn work with VFP .dbf files (unrecognized database file format ).

I have several odbc drivers innstalled and i could work with any of them,
but i cant find the way
to know its provider name.