Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keiji kounoike keiji kounoike is offline

Default Who Can Expand Chip Pearson's procedure ExportToTextFile?

To make such a file could be possible, but I wonder why do you need
fixed width records with a delimiter? what application is supposed to
read such a file? what style do you want to have in fixed width with a
delimiter, 1) or 2) or 3)?

1) abcd(SP)(sp)(sp)(sp)(sp)|
2) abcd|(SP)(sp)(sp)(sp)(sp)
3) other style

(sp) means space character.

keiji

Curious wrote:
I want to use his procedure "ExportToTextFile". But I need more. The
exported spreadsheet needs to be in text format to satisfy two
conditions: (1) pipe "|" delimiter and (2) fixed width, say each field
must be 10 character wide(including the delimiter).

My understanding is that we can create a text file either (not both)
with fixed width or with delimiter. How can I satisfy both?

Thanks in advance for any clue.

H.Z.