Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default maximum of currency array?

Currency and Dates are strange.

Try:

currencyarray = Range("A1:C1").Value2

VBA's help on Value2 will explain, er, describe the situation.

jonigr wrote:

I lift a worksheet range into an array and determine its maximum but it
doesn't work, the results is always zero (its initial value):

Sub curtest()
Dim currencyarray As Variant
Dim currencymax As Variant
currencyarray = Range("A1:C1").Value
currencymax = Application.Max(currencyarray)
MsgBox currencymax
End Sub

If I first convert the cells number format (manually in the worksheet
itself) from Currency to General or Number than it *does* work.

So I thought of converting the complete currency array (in VBA, like to
singles) but I don't see a way how to do that. One possibility I guess would
be to iterate through each array element but this seems a long detour (I need
to work this on many long currency ranges).

Is there a simpler solution? Thanks very much!

-Joni

--

Dave Peterson