Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Martin is offline

Default Format row based on value

Hi,

Thanks, I see what you mean however the formatting needs to take place over
10,000 lines and row 2 will have no relevance to say row 1,500.

What I need is to say by code for example is if current IRow, column 2 is
different to the row above, column 2 then do the formatting

"Nigel" wrote:

A quick fix - change the first If statement as follows.....

If Cells(lRow, 2).Value = Cells(lRow - 1, 2) Or lRow = 2 Then

Nigel

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

I have this code that look at the values in column 2 for each row
specified
in the code (2 to 9216). I want it to colour the row everytime the value
changes. This does this perfectly except it doesnt colour the row then
the
value first changes. So for example if row 2 to 6 are the same and row 7
10 are the same, rows 8 to 10 are formatted.

Can anyone help with this?

Dim lRow As Long
Dim lCol As Long

For lRow = 2 To 9216

If Cells(lRow, 2).Value = Cells(lRow - 1, 2) Then
If IsEmpty(Cells(lRow, 256)) Then
lCol = Cells(lRow, 256).End(xlToLeft).Column
Else
lCol = 256
End If
Range(Cells(lRow, 1), Cells(lRow, lCol)).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End If
Next

This is a repost from earlier today, I hope I have worded it better!

Martin