Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aaron Rolloff Aaron Rolloff is offline

Default Programmatic row insertion error; KB211769 no help

Let me start by saying that I have read the Knowledge Base article #211769,
in addition to dozens of other posts regarding row insertion errors, but have
yet to find a solution that fixes this problem for me.

I am receiving the "To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Office Excel
cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." error when I try to
programmatically insert a range via VBA macro:
Worksheet.Range("MyRange").Select
Worksheet.Rows.Insert (xlShiftDown)

Here are some additional details:
€¢ I am working with Windows XP Professional & Excel 2003 (11.8302.8221),
both w/SP3
€¢ I am able to manually perform the desired insert at design time, but
cannot do the same when I call the macro from a compiled DLL or the Visual
Studio 2005 IDE.
€¢ My worksheet contains no comments, objects, or merged cells.
o <F5 [Special...] 'Comments' produces a "no cells were found" message
o <F5 [Special...] 'Objects' produces a "no objects found" message
€¢ <ctrl<end places the cursor in the last cell used in my worksheet (K3)
o I have deleted all unused rows & columns in the worksheet & saved, to no
avail.
€¢ The named range I am selecting is a single row that spans the entire width
of my used area (A-K3).

My original worksheet was far more complex, but I have gone so far as to
start with a completely new worksheet and the 3 empty rows that I am trying
to populate programmatically, ensuring that there are no merged cells or
other objects n the document, yet I still receive the error.

Can anyone provide additional suggestions/assistance??

Thank you in advance for any help,
Aaron