Biff

Hit send before I was done:

OR, maybe something *CRAZY*

If the numbers entered *AREN'T* used in any other calculations (other than
the RANK) instead of entering a zero, enter an uppercase letter O.

Then use this formula:

=IF(COUNT(B5),RANK(B5,B$5:B$14,1),"")

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
That still doesn't exclude 0's.

Rank is not a very flexible function!

Maybe use a helper column. Enter this in C5 and copy down to C14:

=IF(B5=0,"",B5)

Then:

=IF(C5="","",RANK(C5,C$5:C$14,1))

Copy down.

OR, maybe something *CRAZY*

If the numbers entered *AREN'T* used in any other calculations (other than
the RANK) instead of entering a zero, enter an uppercase letter O.

Biff

"Max" wrote in message
Try:

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(B5),B5<0),RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1), "")

--
Rgds
Max

I am ranking set of numbers (# of days worked) in a 10 cell column but
the numbers of persons I rank differs from day to day.
If I enter "0"(zero) on one of the cell, it ranks the whole ten cells.
I have to enter Zero because that is the number of days worked.
How can I enter the value of zero that does not activate the other
blank cells?

Here is my formula:
=IF(ISNA(RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)),"",RANK(B5,$B$5:$B $14,1))

Thanks.

--
cardingtr
cardingtr's Profile: