Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXTRACTING SUBSTRINGS !!

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use the 3rd argument approach for
this part of your application as well (given that it eliminates the need for
a loop altogether)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jay dean" wrote in message
Thanks a lot, Per Jessen, Nigel, Jacob, and Rick.
@ Jacob -- My approach was exactly like yours, except your For-loop
construct is more efficient. I see in your code, strE was not
initialized first. In VBA, are all string declarations automatically set
to null in the beginning?

@ Rick -- Your bringing up of the optional 3rd argument gave me another
new idea for implementing another part of my project.

@Nigel and Per Jessen -- Yes, you were right. I should have probably
stated in my original post that my first index was brkout(i)=0, not
brkout(i)=1. I sometimes forget VBA indices start from 0.

Jay