Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default disable option button on user form

since the userform is in another workbook, you need to qualilfy your
workbooks (which you're already doing).

try something like

Workbooks(fname).frmMenu.opt1.Enabled = false

then it knows WHERE to find frmMenu.
hope it helps.
:)
susan

On May 4, 1:51*pm, JH wrote:
Hi,
* * *I added this line to my macro. " frmMenu.opt1.Enabled = false", I got
an error message, "Object required". *The macro is located in another
workbook. *I am intended to use this macro to loop through all the workbooks
that needed changes.
The code is as follow:

fname = Dir(pname, vbNormal)
Do
If Len(fname) < 28 Then

* Workbooks.Open FileName:=pname & fname, UpdateLinks:=False
* frmMenu.opt1.Enabled = False * * * * *
* Workbooks(fname).Close saveChanges:=True
End If
fname = Dir() * *'get another filename
Loop Until fname = ""
Thanks!
JH

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:
OptionButton1.Enabled = False

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"JH" wrote:

I have a large number of workbooks with an user form, the user form shows up
when the workbook is open. *I am trying to disable one of the option buttons
on the user form. *How can I do it programmatically?
Thanks!

JH- Hide quoted text -