Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GoBucks[_2_] GoBucks[_2_] is offline

Default Macros for copy and paste of a range

Thanks Dan. I'll respond to your ?'s.

1) Yes, basically, I trying to copy a range (M6:BL155) and move it on
column to the left (L6:BM155)
2) Then clear the last column of data (BL)
3) I was looking to have the column header (week end date) move along with
the corresponding data. I guess I should of included the header row in the
main range.

Just to summarize what I'm trying to accomplish is that I attempting to
replicate / enhance an existing Capdacity Planning report. The report is a
rolling 12-month data set which consists of allocated %'s per work week for
individual consultants. I was envisioning a user (HR Manager) running this
macro on a weekly basis to roll the data set forward so that the first column
in the range is the current week. I was looking at keeping a specified # of
columns in a range for the fact I have to add a lot conditional formatting
formulas to assist to make more user-friendly. The set # of columns makes it
easier for me to apply these formulas.

For my other macro, I was looking for a way to make the data set more
consistent. The users of this report only put a % value in cell for a week
end date (i.e. 5/25) and ASSUME all of the prior week values are also the
same % from current week to this date. For what I'm trying to do, I need all
of the values input in the cells. So if a consultant is going to 100%
utilized from 5/8 to 5/29, I need to have 100 input in Column L (current week
= 5/8) thru Column O (5/29). There are over 150 consultiants tracked on this
sheet, so the user does not want to input a lot of the cells just the cell
where the consultant will be done with a project.

Hope this helps.

"dan dungan" wrote:

I'm not clear on a couple points:

<I would like to have Macro #1 to do the following:

<1) copy all of the values in the range M6:BL155 and paste in the
range
<L6:BK155

You want to copy the range and move it one column to the left?

<2) clear the contents of the cells in range BL6:BL155

Then you want to clear the last column (BL) of the original data?

<3) adjust the header dates +7 days (L5=5/15/09, M5=5/22/09....BL5=5</
12/10)

Then you want to add 7 to each date in your header row?

I'm wondering what that would do for you. Was the original data
entered under the wrong dates?

Do you want to do the every day, week or month?

I'd like to see your description of what you are trying to accomplish,
rather that how you want to accomplish it.

There a lots of references in the archives about copying and moving
ranges.

Have you searched the newsgroups for an answer?

Hope this helps

Dan