Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
baldmosher baldmosher is offline

Default Can I paste number formats only?

I'mcopying & pasting data from a database into a monthly report template. The
number formats differ depending on whether I'm copying whole numbers,
currency, decimals, etc.

There are formulas on the blank template, below the monthly data, to
calculate the year-on-year trend.

I want to copy JUST the number formats from the 12 monthly cells in one row,
down to the 12 formula cells in the next row.

Here's my failed attempt at blind-coding this:

sub paste_number_formats()

ActiveCell.Range("A1:L1").Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1:L1").PasteSpecial _
Paste:=xlPasteNumberFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

end sub

Of course, "=xlPasteNumberFormats" was invented by me, so this macro doesn't
work, but that's what I'm trying to do anyway.

Is this possible?