Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Where to put PERSONAL.XLS

Hi Water, see also :
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message ...
I am using Excel 2003 on Windows XP.

1) Let us say I log in as foo.
I find PERSONAL.XLS is expected to be in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\foo\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART.
I have another system where PERSONAL.XLS is expected to be in the folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART
What controls where excel looks for PERSONAL.XLS?

2) I have some macros which reference a data file from PERSONEL.XLS.
I want to move both files to another machine.
It would be useful to put both files in the same folder - an
installation package is too heavyweight a solution.
Can somebody suggest code to identify the file containing the running
macro?
--
Walter Briscoe