Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default If cell contains AlphaNumeric "True"

If you are looking for a user defined function please find the below. Launch
VBE using Alt+F11. Insert module. Paste the below function and try as below

A1 = a123
B1 = IsAlphaNumeric(A1)

Function IsAlphaNumeric(varTemp) As Boolean
If varTemp Like "*#*" And UCase(varTemp) Like "*[A-Z]*" _
Then IsAlphaNumeric = True
End Function

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Carol" wrote:

I have a column where cells will contain one of the following:
" " (blank)
A9999 (A=Alpha/9=Numeric)
A (A=Alpha)

The alpha and numeric characters will vary from cell to cell.

I need a formula that will enter TRUE (or some kind of indicator) if the
cell contains alpha/numeric characters. Is this possible? Thank you!

...I do NOT know VBA.... Just thought you should know that!

--
Carol