Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checking and setting a value to a range in VBA

hhhmmm, but I need to set the range, like something like
"sheet1!B10:B30"

Try it this way...

Names("MyRange").RefersTo = "=Sheet1!$B$10:$B$30"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"LetMeDoIt" wrote in message
On May 1, 12:12 pm, Jim Thomlinson <James_Thomlin...@owfg-Re-Move-
This-.com wrote:
Try
iRow = range("MyRange").row
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LetMeDoIt" wrote:
Greetings,
I'm trying to do an easy thing (I think) but have not succeeded thus
far.

I created a name range manually in a spreadsheet, but need to check
via VBA code for the value of that range, then if it changed to its
default, reset that range to a specific value.

To check the that the row has not changed, I do the following: iRow =
Range("=MyRange").Row
and thus if this is not my original value, I reassigned it ( this is
where I'm getting an error msg in the code).

I'm using excel 2003.

Many thanks.
CG- Hide quoted text -