Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jday Jday is offline

Default Problem using group function with hidden rows

I have a worksheet containing 10 sets of rows containing different versions
of data. Within each of these 10 sets, there are "grouped" rows that can be
hidden/unhidden when clicking the appropriate group button (Level 1 unhides
the rows, Level 2 hides them.) In addition, this worksheet contains macros
whereby the user can select which of the 10 data versions they want to view.

The issue I am having is when the user tries to intermix these view options.
For example, let's say the user has chosen to view data sets 1, 3, and 5
(which hides all of the rows associated with the other versions). If they
secondarily select the "Level 1" button to unhide the grouped rows for the
chosen data sets, it also unhides all of the rows associated with the data
versions the user didn't want to see. Does Excel view grouping/ungrouping
rows the exact same way as hiding/unhiding them? In other words, when I
click the "Level 1" button, does Excel simply view that as an "unhide all
rows" command? What I obviously want it to do is unhide the "grouped rows"
from within the currently visible rows. Is there any way to do this??