Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mahonri Mahonri is offline

Default ActiveX control causes "Reset project" notice on file open

I've noticed you've posted this all over the web. If you get a solution,
Could you send it to me if it is not posted here?
davidt(a_t)aristatek(d_ot)com
Thanks

"GeoBrooks" wrote:

Update:

If saved as an XL2003 workbook and opened in 2003, there are no reset
messages. If the 2003 workbook is opened in 2007 there are no reset
messages. If the 2003 workbook is saved as .xlsm and opened in 2007 the
reset messages reappear.

So, why?

"GeoBrooks" wrote:

I've added two combobox controls to an XL2007 macro-enabled workbook because
I needed to capture their values b4 they were changed. Now when the workbook
is closed, then reopened, I get two "This action will reset your project..."
messages on opening.

I know I can prevent the messages by changing the state of "Notify Before
State Loss" in VB. I need to be able to prevent these messages before
distributing the workbook. How can this be done?

Thanks.

Geo