Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Dean Jay Dean is offline

Default SET THEORY & VBA ?

Thanks, Simon, Ossie Mac, and Sam for your responses.
@ Sam, yes, that was what I was looking for. I understand I can easily
combine any 2 loops like a For-For, For-Do, Do-For, While-For, etc, to
accomplish this, but for a large range I don't want to wait forever. I
thought VBA had efficient built-in functions like "ismember()"e.t.c as
Matlab does. Or, even formulas in Excel?

Anyway, for those who didn't understand what I was looking for: I was
talking about Mathematical Set Theory. Example:
1. rng1 "intersection" rng2 should yield a range containing "values"
common to values in both ranges.

2. rng1 "union" rng2 should yield a range containing values in each
range (without repetitions).

3. rng2 will be a subset of rng1, if all elements (values) in rng2 can
be found in rng1. In this case, the result will be a Boolean.."true" if
yes, and "false" if no.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself better.

Jay