Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Pi in VBA?

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:45:56 -0400, Dana DeLouis
wrote:

Hi. Just to be a little different...
Not really recommended, but a poor-man's version of the Pi symbol can
sometimes be done via the Paragraph symbol. You have to have a little
imagination thou to see it as Pi :)

Sub Demo()
Dim c
Dim ¶ 'Alt + 0182

c = 2 * ¶ * 5
End Sub

You've got *two* surprises in that code snippet. I doubt I'll use the
paragraph symbol (you could have won a reasonably large bet with me in
a bar with that one), but the [pi()] notation in intriguing.

The best I can discover is that it is another way of invoking the
Evaluate method, which I also don't fully understand.

Are you the keeper of VBA esoterica?