Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Dave is offline

Default VLOOKUP to find a value that falls between a range?

Thanks but I do need to compare a value that falls between a range. I just
simplified my problem to try and better explain it and to hopefully apply any
solution to it.

"Mike H" wrote:

hI,

You build a lookup table like the one below and then use

=VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B6,2,TRUE)

Where C1 is the mark. Note I included an unclassified mark but you don't
actually need this.

0 U
50 F
60 D
70 C
80 B
90 A

Mike

"Dave" wrote:

Hi, How do you format a VLOOKUP to lookup something like a student's grade.
Next to each score I want a use VLOOKUP to return "A", "B", "C" etc.

Scores
--------
92
73