Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Steve is offline

Default compare contents of two folders

Mainly if the same files exist.
Although, now that you mention it, knowing the other info would indeed be
helpful.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do you only need to know if the same files are in both folders or do the
versions (timedate stamps) of the files need to be the same?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200850

"Steve" wrote:

No.
In this case, we'll only be comparing top level directory's contents.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

How about sub-folders?
Should their contents be compared or not?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200850

"Steve" wrote:

Morning folks.
I'm looking to compare the contents of two directories, and then output the
results to either a text file, or an excel file.
We'd tried using a batch command set that we'd found online, but it did not
provide the output we'd desired.
Most of what I'm finding out there are code comparison programs, and vba
code to check the contents of files, as well as subdirectory comparitors.

My goal is to simply check to see if the work done so far is being
duplicated or not; thus I want to compare the contents of two folders.
Thank you.