Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Click to Clear Radio Button

If you're using xl2003, look at:

Tools|Options|View tab
Look at how comments can be displayed.

tools|Options|International tab
Look at right to left section

Tools|Options|Calculation tab
look at the calculation section

You'll see how optionbuttons work.

dgold82 wrote:

Wow, I really appreciate the time you guys are taking to respond.
Unfortunatelly, I don't think you are understanding my previous posts and
that can be due to the fact that you aren't sitting here next to me with a
full understanding of this project. To answer Dave's questions:

1) a scantron is a sheet that a student fills out with their answers to
standardized tests. Like the ACT or SAT or GMAT etc. I want my worksheet to
look and feel like the same thing.
2) The command button and my radio buttons are from the "forms control"
toolbar not the activex controls. The "reset all" command button is up in a
designated area on the top of the worksheet that looks seperate from the
actual input. Looks like a toolbar that enables the user to jump around the
workbook.
3) Like a stated earlier, I know I could put a button next to the answers
that would clear a certain group box of buttons, but that would compromise
the look and I just don't want to do that. I'd rather just not have the
option for them at all until I figure this out.

I think gmorris understands where I am going with this. Looks like there are
a lot of people that have tried this to no avail. I just don't understand why
the radio buttons don't clear themselves if they are clicked again. I know it
would somewhat be like a checkbox...but there would still be some subtle
differences.

I think my final takaway from this VBA adventure is that I should either
just leave right clicking enabled or create a custom right click that only
would reset the radio button. Do you guys happen to know how to create a
custom right click (since I have disabled the official one using the above
VBA)? Thanks again for your time!

"gmorris" wrote:

There might be a way to do it, but I could never find it. I've tried
everything I know to do it and that's just not the way OptionButtons
work. What I don't understand is, if one of the buttons IS to be
selected, why can't they just select another one and that clears the
currently selected button (hence the way OptionButtons work)?

--
gmorris
gmorris's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=245

--