Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Time Delay Between Execution of Two Functions

why not make function B dependent on the results of Function A?

Cell A1 contains =FuncA( ...)
Cell B10 contains =FuncB(A1, ...)

Or if you want to have a function that returns 2 values

Function FuncC( ...) as variant
dim Ansa(2,1) as variant

Ansa(1,1)=FuncA(...)
..
..
Ansa(2,1)=Funcb(...)
FuncC=Ansa
end Function

and array enter (Control-Shift-Enter) FuncC into 2 cells

Charles
___________________________________
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"Mallick" wrote in message
Thanks Nigel for your quick reply.

The relationship between the two function is such that the output of
function B helps Function A to reach a decision.

These cannot be combined because of the limitation of Functions. It passes
one value to its calling cell only. Hence, a Function can not do any other
operation or pass value to any other cell in the worksheet. Its infact
hell
of a restriction. Can't use subroutine because of interface problems with
other software.

Mallick

"Nigel" wrote:

If you have two dependent functions (and it sounds like you have) then
consider combining these to avoid any unwanted interactions. Introducing
delays does not sound like a very good solution to me.

Nigel

"Mallick" wrote in message
Hi Every One

There are two user defined VBA functions in my Excel sheet. The logic
is
such that it requires the functions to be executed in a sequence. For
example. Function A should run and then Function B should be executed.
However, Excel fires both functions simultanously, causing problems.

One possible solution that comes to my mind is a time delay of a
fraction
of
second for Function B. In this way, Function A can be executed before
Function B. Can any one help me how to achieve this?

Or Alternatively, if you have got some other option, please share it
with
me.

Many Thanks

Mallick