Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tlee tlee is offline

Default How to check the whole column at the same time?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help, let me try.

thanks
Tlee

If you mean replace all instances of Father with 1; Mother with 2, Sister
with 3, try the following:

Option Base 1

Sub ChangeStrToNum()

Dim FindArr, ReplArr

FindArr = Array("Father", "Mother", "Sister")
ReplArr = Array(1, 2, 3)

'To undo
'ReplArr = Array("Father", "Mother", "Sister")
'FindArr = Array(1, 2, 3)

Range("yourRange").Activate 'change
If UBound(FindArr) = UBound(ReplArr) Then
For i = 1 To UBound(FindArr)

Selection.Replace What:=FindArr(i), Replacement:=ReplArr(i),
LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

Next i
Else

MsgBox "Your arrays contain different numbers of elements"

Steve

"tlee" wrote in message
Hi all,

Could anyone help me how to check the column content by different
condition?

If the content of the cell is "Father" then replace it to "1" in the same
column.
If the content of the other cell is "Mother" then replace it to "2" in
same column.
If the content of another cell is "Sister" then replace it to "3" in the
same column.

Besides, how can I implement this checking by using Marco?

Thanks,
Tlee