Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jutlaux jutlaux is offline

Default Print To pdf Not Working

Unfortunately I am not using 2007 so the add-in and code will not work.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You may find something here that's helpful.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

"jutlaux" wrote:

I am trying to print a excel worksheet to a pdf file. Here is the code:

Sub SaveAsPDF ()

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:= _
"CutePDF Writer on CPW2:", PrintToFile:=True, Collate:=True,
PrToFileName:="C:\WeeklyDTReport.pdf"

End Sub

Everything seems to be working correctly due to the fact that I do get the
.pdf file at the correct location with the correct name. The problem I have
is when I go to open the file using Adobe Reader I get the following error:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'WeeklyDTReport.pdf' because it is either not a
supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was
sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

If I set PrintToFile = False and browse to the path and enter the name when
prompted Adobe opens the file fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks