Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Cummings Art Cummings is offline

Default conditional if statement and macro

Greetings all,

I'd like to create a macro that uses the <ctrl; shortcut to automatically
enter the current date only if the adjacent cell to the left has a certain
value.

for example:
if A1="Y" or A1="N" then
"run macro in current cell B1. "

This macro needs to run whenever a user is in any cell in column B and it
should check the adjacent cell.

I want to insert a static date because i don't want the date to change once
inserted.

Example:

A1 B1
Y run macro(current date)
A2 B2
do nothing
A3 B3
N run macro(current date)

I'm not sure how to have the macro look at an adjacent cell, nor am I sure
how to have the macro run for a specific column of active cells.

I hope this request for help is clear, if it's not, I can suppy additional
information.

Thanks

Art