Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith Keith is offline

Default Problem deleting series in a chart

HI Jacob,
Thanks very much. I did not mention it in this latest message, but I tried
a for/next loop approach first and received occasional errors. I added an
error check by adding "on error resume next" before the delete statement, and
with that in place, I occasionally end up with a series that is not deleted.
I thought maybe the ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.Delete statement might
solve the problem. Am trying to see if there is another way to delete all
series' in the active chart without encountering errors.
Keith

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Dear Keith

Please try this and feedback.

For intTemp = 1 to ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.count
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(intTemp).Delete

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"keith" wrote:

Hello,

I have a chart that has either one or two series in it, and I want to
delete all series in the chart so I can rebuild them. Using the following
code

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.Delete

I receive the following error

Error 438 Object doesn't support this property or method

How can I delete all series without getting the error.

Thank you,

keith