Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How Can I return the XValues of the Series collection object

It seems that you want the address in $A$1 format? What Peter offered you,
and you've rejected, is the address in Sheet1!$A$1 format. Parse out the
sheet name, and you've got exactly what you want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
Yes Peter I did get your email thanks
And I know that you gave me a solution for returning chart series formula
and using the split function to parse it and extract the table name
however
this is a different question I am not interested in the data series of the
chart this time nor am I interested in the worksheet name
I am interested in the XValue the one that returns all the XAxis values
that
apear on the bottom XAxis of the chart. Basicly I have a chart where the
X-Axis Values are dates and I want to return the formual in $A1:$A2 style
string because I already have another parsing function that will get the
column letter from that style / format of returned string.

Problem is that when you try to have VBA return the Xvalues property of a
chart it only seems to return it in R1C1 format ? My String parsing
function
is designed to strip out the column LETTER only of a returned formlua
string

Dan

"Peter T" wrote:

I virtually gave you a solution a few days ago, briefly

arr = Split(Mid$(sFmla, 9, Len(sFmla) - 9), ",")
on error resume next
set rngX = arr(1) ' XValues
set rngY = arr(2) ' YValues

MyString = rngX.address
(you might want to include external:=true)

Regards,
Peter T

PS, I also sent you an email off-line

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
Hi there I am wondering if someone can tell me how I can return the
XValues
of the Sieriescollection object. But I want them to be returned in
$A1:$A10
style not R1C1 style. just need to return them to a string variable
like

Somthing like

MyString = Activechart.Seriescollection(1).XValues

I have tried this and it doesn't work.

Any Ideas ??

Dan Thompson