Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bassman62 Bassman62 is offline

Default Change Sheet references in code?

Thanks for the reply.
I'd really like to use the sheet code name as the index will not follow if
the sheets are rearranged.
Also, I'd like to know how to refer to the sheet code name of a project that
is not the ActiveWorkbook.
Thanks.

"Paul C" wrote in message
Try

ThisWorkbook.Sheets(2).Activate

you can also eliminate the ThisWorkbook (it is implied)

Sheets(2).Activate
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Bassman62" wrote:

I have some old code that refers to sheet names and I'd like to change
these
to the sheet code names.
However, apparently code names are objects of a different type than sheet
Names.
Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:
Change
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Report").Activate
ThisWorkbook.Sheet2.Activate 'Error: Method or Data Member not
found.
This seems elementary but I can't seem to get the syntax correct.
How can I refence a code name of a particula workbook?
Thanks.