Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Beavoid Beavoid is offline

Default How to create a regression line from Excel data points

I was wondering if any of you knew how to create an exponential regression
from a data set in the form of C1e^(C2x). This is the same fashion in which
Excel plots an exponential trend line, but I can't find the right function to
do this. Is there a way to use the same function that Excel does to make its
graph trend lines in Visual Basic. Here is an example of what I need:

X=[1,2,3,4,5]
y=[4,6,10,18,34]

I need a function that would take those variables and, from them, set a
C1e^C2x curve, and spit the C1 and C2 variable back in order to be able to
pull other points off of that regression line.

Let me know if more clarification is necessary and if you have any ideas. I
have been trying to use Growth and LegEst functions in Excel in conjunction
with Visual Basic, but they don't SEEM to be exactly what I am looking for,
but I can find any documentation on other way to do this.

Thanks again everyone,