Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Works too well - Hide toolbar Macro

In the immediate window in the VBIDE try

Application.CommandBars(1).Enabled=True

You should be able to use Customize to retrieve the reset then.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"LiAD" wrote in message

I was given a macro on this forum to hide all the toolbars and menus. I
used it on the file I wanted and it works perfectly. The macro was
entered
using the right click on the top left of the screen, not on the sheet tabs
section.

However now I've changed computers and I applied the macro again after
making some updates to the file, (i keep a master file without the macro
on
my harddrive so that i can update and then add the macro before saving it
for
general use), but this time it has hidden the menus on every excel file on
my
computer - even new files that I open.

Now I am completely stuffed!

How can I
- stop this activating on all excel files?
- remove it from the file I want?

Thanks
LiAD

I have attached the macro I am using for reference.

Private mFormulaBar

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClosex()
Dim oCB As CommandBar
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = True
Next oCB

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = mFormulaBar
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oCB As CommandBar
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = False
Next oCB

mFormulaBar = Application.DisplayFormulaBar
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
End Sub