Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gmorris[_4_] gmorris[_4_] is offline

Default RibbonX and .zip File Issue?

TMC;314097 Wrote:
Yes. I actually extracted working folders from a file that works and
dragged & dropped these to another .zip file and renamed the office
file as
expected. It does not work.

In that case, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. You
say that you extracted the folders from a file (I assume to be a .zip),
then dragged them to another .zip. I'm still wondering if you actually
did work on the file(s) WHILE they were extracted to disk and not in an
archive, or if you opened it/them FROM Winzip and then tried to change
and save back to the .zip... In other words, if you modify the file(s)
without actually making a copy to a regular disk file, that might be the
problem. I use Vista, and had similar problems until I realized that you
can view and use .zip archives as if they were in a normal folder, but
they are still zipped and sometimes it gave me a hard time until I just
extracted the one(s) I needed, then did the work on them, THEN put them
back into the archive. I hope that makes a little sense!

--
gmorris
gmorris's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=245