Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MrRJ MrRJ is offline

Default Macro halt - Why?

Good morning,

I have a pretty large macro and when I run it, it comes to a halt, with an
error of non blank cells (it stops on a line where I am inserting a column).
I had to stop the code, then I manually tried to insert a column, and it
didn't work.

NOW, after a several minutes later, I tried to insert the column and IT
WORKS! Why is that? It makes no sense to me. Is it working behind the
scenes?

I hear a lot about screenupdating and calculation turning off. Would that
help? I do not have them in my code. If you think I need it, where should I
put them?

Thanks.