Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Test if a variable is given as array?

Thanks!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200847

"joel" wrote:

Use ISARRAY

Dim MyArray(1 To 5) As Integer, YourArray, MyCheck ' Declare array
variables.
YourArray = Array(1, 2, 3) ' Use Array function.
MyCheck = IsArray(MyArray) ' Returns True.
MyCheck = IsArray(YourArray)

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Since arrays have Ubounds and simple variables do not, we can test for this:

Sub qwerty(t As Variant)
On Error GoTo NotArray
x = UBound(t)
MsgBox (x)
Exit Sub
NotArray:
MsgBox ("clearly not an array")
End Sub

Sub routine()
Dim inputt As String
inputt = "A"
Call qwerty(inputt)

Gary''s Student - gsnu200847

"Charlotte E" wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to test if a variable is given as array?

I need to pass on a value to an UDF in VBA, but it must be given as an
array, i.e.:

MyVar = Array("A")

rather than:

MyVar = "A"

Is it possible to test if 'MyVar' is an array?

TIA,

CE