Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RocketRod RocketRod is offline

Default Using Redim on 2 dimensional array

see my reply to Nigel - I am led to believe otherwise but it may be wrong

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You can change the size of only the last dimension.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...s2(VS.80).aspx
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"RocketRod" wrote:

I am having trouble trying to use ReDim on a 2 dimensional array.
I need to increase the size of the array in a For€¦Next loop as data is
determined as valid - it is a staff list by name with 3 additional columns
of data for each name but the number of staff that will populate the array is
not known at the start, hence the Array needs to start as a 1x4, then change
to 2x4 etc

I have tried using both types of Dim statements as follows based on some of
the forum references
Dim StaffArray()
and
Dim StaffArray() €˜apparently this allows both dimensions of the
array to be modified in the ReDim

with each of the following types of ReDim (obviously only one at a time)

Dim staffindex as Integer
€¦
ReDim Preserve StaffArray(5, 4)
ReDim Preserve StaffArray(staffindex, 4)
ReDim Preserve StaffArray(staffindex To 5, 4)
ReDim Preserve StaffArray(staffindex To 5, 4 To 4)

Next€¦

Can some give me the right combination of Dim and ReDim please - I keep
getting subscript out of range errors