Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default ComboBox still shows data when linked cell is empty

If you mean this

So does that mean that there is another reason why the display is not
empty
when the linked cell is?

Afraid I have no idea, as I mentioned, I cannot recreate that. Have you
tried what I described to test that.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Hi Peter, I reposted with an ActiveX question, but I'd still welcome your
thoughts on my previous response to you (in this post)

"Peter T" wrote:

Sorry I didn't pick up that a response had been required earlier. I take
it
all works as expected now.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brettjg" wrote in message
THIS POST IS NO LONGER REQUIRED

"Brettjg" wrote:

OK, I can only select it in design mode. It has an event procedure
attached
to it so that means it must be ActiveX (sorry to mislead you at the
outset).
So does that mean that there is another reason why the display is not
empty
when the linked cell is?

"Peter T" wrote:

I copied your data into A1:A14 assigned the ListFillRange to A1:A14.
If
select a value in the combo it changes the Linked-cell. If I delete
the
value in the linked cell the combo display is empty. I can't
recreate
your
problem, using Excel 2003.

How do I tell if it's ActiveX or Forms Control?

If you added the control manually you would have added it from the
"Control
Toolbox" (activeX) or "Forms" toolbars. If someone else added the
control
and you are not sure, if you can only select it by going into design
mode
(icon on the ControlToolbox toolbar), or if it has associated event
code, it
is an ActiveX control (similar to controls that go on userforms).

Regards,
Peter T

<snip