Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keith Keith is offline

Default Problem getting results of RefEdit into a range

Thanks to Dave and all who provided answers to this question.
Keith

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could try something like this, too:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myRng = Application.Range(Me.RefEdit1.Value)
On Error GoTo 0

If myRng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "not a valid range"
Else
MsgBox myRng.Address(external:=True)

keith wrote:

Hello,

The worksheets property under âœhelp❠describes ranges by using the following
example,

MsgBox Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value

In my code, I am using two forms of it. They areâ¦

Worksheets(1).Range("c5:c10").Cells(1, 1).Formula = "=rand()"

And

Debug.Print Examine_a_Range (Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B3:D21"))
The function âœExamine_a_Range❠has opening line of â¦

Function Examine_a_Range(Rng0 As Range) As Variant

Some code here..

End function

Now that Iâve learned how to obtain the cell range from the RefEdit control,
I see the form of a cell range from RefEdit isâ¦

Sheet1!$E$9:$F$11

If I want to use the value from the RefEdit control in my code, do I have to
go through some text editing work to split up the value from RefEdit, or is
there a better way to assign the value to a Range and make it all work?

Thank you,

Keith

--

Dave Peterson