Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default ComboBox still shows data when linked cell is empty

It's a forms control in a sheet,

Can't be with those options, surely you mean an ActiveX control

If I delete the linked-cell value the combo's entry is also cleared. Not
sure why that doesn't work similarly for you. What's the source range
(ListFillRange), which Excel version.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Hi Peter, thanks for your response.

It's a forms control in a sheet, not created with VB - it's always there.
Autoload = true
AutoWordSelect = false
HideSelection = false
Matchrequired = false
EnterFieldBehaviour = selectall
linked cell = J14 (which is empty)

After that I'm not sure what else you need to know (not very experienced
with these - "No kidding" I hear you say).
Brett

"Peter T" wrote:

I can't recreate that. Are you talking about a combo on a userform, or on
sheet. If on a sheet is that an ActiveX or a Forms control. What relevant
source and link settings have you applied.

Regards,
Peter T

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Hi there, I've tried all sorts of settings in the ComboBox settings,
but I
can't get it to show blank when there is no data in the linked cell. If
the
last entry in the linked cell was "100" then it still shows"100" after
the
linked cell has been cleared. There must be some little thing to
do........................Regards, Brett