Jon Peltier

The best approach is to use properly formatted data, What looks good by
eye may not be appropriate for databasing, analysis, or charting.

I fixed up a subset of data using a pivot table:

Original:

Year Jan Feb Mar
2000 1 4 7
2001 2 5 8
2002 3 6 9

Data menu Pivot Table Report, Year in Row area, each month in Data area:

Year Data Total
2000 Sum of Jan 1
Sum of Feb 4
Sum of Mar 7
2001 Sum of Jan 2
Sum of Feb 5
Sum of Mar 8
2002 Sum of Jan 3
Sum of Feb 6
Sum of Mar 9

Copy, paste special as values, change Sum of <month to <month, maybe
construct a column of real dates, turning 2000 <tab Jan to Jan 1, 2000.
It's finally ready to plot.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

hjc wrote:

It would be nice if the Chart Wizard had the option to plot 'Series in
Tables' as well as in columns or in rows. I frequently need to plot data
that are in tabular format (e.g., months in columns and years in rows), but
what I really want to do is plot all of the data in the table as a single
time series. In many cases, the data I am plotting are imported into the
spreadsheet (output from other programs), and I don't necessarily have the
option of easily changing the format to put all the data in a single row or
column.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Hugh John Cook

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting