Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Find Date and Paste Data

Here is some info on Index/Match:

Here is some VBA code doing essentially the same thing as that from above:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-105...code-using.htm

This will give you the first empty cell underneath the date on Calendar.

Sheets("Calendar").Select
Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

This assumes the date is in Column A; it probably isn't in column A, so just
change it to suit your needs. As for the rest, too vague for me to know what
to do for sure. Maybe you can post back with some more details...

HTH
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"AUCP03" wrote:

I have two worksheets. One is called Calendar and the other is called Ghost.
Calendar is a sheet with dates in Columns B-H and J-P (1 week each). The
first dates are in row 4, but after that the rows with the dates appear in
different intervals. Ghost is a hidden sheet I populate with data from
another sheet. In Ghost Column C is dates and column F is data I want to
display on Calendar.

What I would like to happen is when information is added to Ghost the code
will go to the calendar find the associated date on the calendar that matches
the Ghost data and date and put the data in the first empty cell underneath
the date on Calendar. Advance warning I am not an expert on VB so please be
gentle. Thank you.