Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.powerpoint
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Powerpoint and embedded Excel sheets

I wonder if it's necessary to do the conversion. Do a little testing, see
what happens when each type of sheet is opened in each version of Office.
Doesn't the interface depend on the version of Office that is running?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
So Jon, if you were to do this, would you convert them to Excel.Sheet.8?

Thanks,
Barb

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I don't think so. The two objects refer to different file formats, so I
doubt there's a simple one-to-one switch. I suppose the .12 object could
be
opened in the .8 application, and the contents of the object re-embedded
as
a .8 object. Sounds flaky and tedious.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message
Jon,

Can I change Excel.Sheet.12 to Excel.Sheet.8 programmatically? If so,
how?

Thanks,
Barb

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I'm not sure there's a less elaborate way to do this than move the
data
into
Excel, recreate the chart, remove the MS Graph object, and replace it
with
the new Excel chart. And use an Excel 8 chart, because even though an
Excel
12 chart supposedly interconnects better with Excel and PowerPoint,
there
is
no VBA access to an Excel 2007 chart in another Office 2007
application.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message
I have a PowerPoint presentation that has the following embedded
objects.

Excel.Chart.8
Excel.Sheet.12
Excel.Sheet.8
MSGraph.Chart.8

I'm cross-posting this to a PowerPoint group and an Excel group
since
I'm
thinking people in both groups may have dealt with this.

I'm thinking it would be easier for users who have to update this
presentation to only have to deal with one type of data entry.
I've
found
that there is no way to programmatically convert the MSGraph.Chart.8
objects
to anything but MSGraph.Chart.8 objects. (Helpful, huh?). I see I
can
manually convert Excel.Sheet.8 to Excel.Sheet.12. Is there some
way
do
this programmatically?

Thanks,