Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default File in Use Error Message

Without seeing the code it is not easy to diagnose! Other than the program
has errors or the environment is corrupted.

Nigel

"ypukpete" wrote in message
I have designed a program which contains several userforms for adding and
retrieving data. It also has several pivot tables.
It was working OK for a time but now will not open and has the error
warning..
File in Use: Locked for editing by ypukpete
It occasionally pops up and says File Error: Data may be lost.
I have looked thru the MS Help site and this site and cannot find a
solution.
Fortunately I had a backup of an earlier version so all is not lost.
I would like to be able to delete the program (which it wont let me)
But more importantly find the cause so I can prevent it from happening
again
Thanks for any help.
--
ypukpete