Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rpick60 rpick60 is offline

Default Where (in which folder) are macros saved? And how to changelocation?

Macros are normally stored within the excel file. However you can save
it in a public folder called PERSONAL.XLS
When you record the macro you can save in Personal Macro Workbook.

On Apr 5, 4:36*am, (Keith Clark) wrote:
When I hit in an open Excel sheet ALT+F8 the macro dialog pops up and the
user can create a new macro (which can later be started).

Where (in which folder) is this macro physically stored?
Or is it stored in/with the current Excel file itself?

If it is stored outside: How can I change this default save directory for
all Macros of all Worksheets?

If it is stored inside the current Worksheet:
Is there a way of storing it outside so that the same macro can be called in
other Excel Workbooks as well?

Keith